Lead Patient Services Rep - Physical Therapy - Seattle, WA - 2196823
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Lead Patient Services Representative functions as an integral member of the team to deliver exceptional customer service to our patients. The Lead Patient Services Representative works alongside the clinical staff to ensure efficient patient service within the department.
- Optimistically greet customers into the practice and provide instruction and/or direction as necessary both on the phone and in person
- Schedule, reschedule and coordinate all patient appointments and adjunct tests per office protocol
- Register all patients into the Misys/Epic system according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management Dept. and CBO
- Collect, post and balance payments according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management and CBO Dept
- Accurately update and maintain all electronic medical records according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management Dept
- Accurately maintain provider’s master schedule and modify it according to established sources
- Order and maintain the inventory, and stock in the area according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management Dept. and Central Supply
- Answer phone calls courteously, collect and document detailed information and route phone calls appropriately based on office protocols
- Efficiently provide basic office administrative support tasks such as mailing, faxing, sorting, typing, filing, etc.
- Maintains and updates float guide for the provider
- Maintain an organized and clean work area, free of clutter
- Attend departmental and general staff meetings and contributes ideas and suggestions creatively
- Prepare all chart documentation and records with accuracy as directed or necessary for the patient’s care
- Willingly float to other departments to accommodate Polyclinic needs
- Meet or exceed the performance measures established by the Practice Management Dept
- Follow all established policy and procedures related to this position
- Participate and contribute in a team-based environment
- Maintain a team supportive attendance record
- Understand and deliver quality customer service that is consistent with the Polyclinic’s efforts in becoming a High Performance Organization
- Follow OSHA/WISHA (including usage of PPE) guidelines
- Follow HIPPA regulations to ensure confidentiality and security of pt’s health records and PHI
- Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing environment, and in occasional difficult situations
- Communication, conduct and dress attire portrays a professional quality at all times
- Other duties as requested
Responsibilities (Lead PSR):
- Coordinates Daily Management for work teams including staffing, visibility board updates, productivity stats, and level loading assigned tasks to demand
- Oversees and directs daily work for work group/area; coordinates and provides training, audits, and assists in Standard Work updates. Is Basic Skills certified and assists teammates with certification goals. Is encouraged to reach Tier 2 certification.
- Serves as a role model in meeting and exceeding stats, attendance, punctuality and professionalism. Is a leader and resource person within the department and is flexible with their work schedule, including working weekends as need arises. Subject matter expert in work skills for their group.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- 1+ years of experience in a medical environment
- Word processing, computer, photocopy and fax machine experience
- UCB/ACD Desktop phone system experience
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $18.80 to $36.78 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.