Registered Nurse - Urgent Care - 2198144
**$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates**
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly Medical, New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Urgent Care Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients/significant others via direct and/or telephone contact, following established standards and practices. S/he coordinates with other members of the care team to ensure seamless care delivery, maximal coordination of efforts, and active patient participation in planning and care. Assists physician or other provider with clinical procedures, performs telephone triage as needed, and participates in patient teaching.
Provides Direction To: Licensed Practical Nurses, clerical assistants, medical assistants, and other non-licensed personnel.
Clinical Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates clinical competence in the direct care of patients/significant others in established area of practice, considering developmental differences among patients
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of common disease processes and treatments, including pertinent diagnostic/laboratory testing and medical/nursing interventions; familiar with preventative health measures related to population served
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to patient care, focusing on addressing each patient’s individual and family needs at the time of service; communicates identified needs in a timely manner
- Utilizes evidence-based approaches with patients/families/caregivers to support self-management, self-efficacy, and health-promoting behavior change
- Collaborates with patients/significant others and other members of the healthcare team to establish goals and priorities to meet patients’ immediate and future needs; Actively participates in the care team to ensure that patient needs and preferences are incorporated into the comprehensive plan of care
- Using population-specific knowledge and clinical expertise, contributes to the continual assessment and effective management of the health needs of assigned patient populations
- Performs telephone triage with particular emphasis on assessment, problem/priority identification, and decision-making
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and technical ability in medication/treatment administration; administers prescribed medications correctly, with knowledge of proper dosage, route, site, and possible side effects
- Provides accurate, up-to-date clinical information to patients consistent with professional nursing scope of practice and accepted CareMount Medical practice standards, policies, and protocols
- Performs authorized technical procedures competently (e.g., EKG, phlebotomy, starting/ monitoring IVs, selected laboratory tests, etc.) as may be required in clinical practice area
- Seeks validation/guidance from physician or other provider and nurse colleagues when necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in New York State (NYS) with current NYS registration and in good standing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
- Current BLS certification
- 2+ years of recent pertinent professional nursing experience in a hospital, medical office, or other clinical setting
- 1+ years of experience as a registered nurse or 2+ years as a licensed practical nurse in a pertinent practice area
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $27.07 to $53.08 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.