Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN/LPN Healthcare Coordinator Mesquite Texas - 2182614
Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm Hours, Paid Time Off, Paid Holiday, Bonus Potential twice a year and much more!
$1,500 Sign-On Bonus!
Opportunities at WellMed, part of the Optum family of businesses. We believe all patients are entitled to the highest level of medical care. Here, you will join a team who shares your passion for helping people achieve better health. With opportunities for physicians, clinical staff and non-patient-facing roles, you can make a difference with us as you discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Healthcare Coordinator is responsible for successfully supporting patients with high risk health conditions to navigate the healthcare system. The Healthcare Coordinator assists in developing patient empowerment by acting as an educator, resource, and advocate for patients and their families to ensure a maximum quality of life. The Healthcare Coordinator interacts and collaborates with multidisciplinary care teams, to include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technologists, social workers, and other educators to support the transition of care process. The Healthcare Coordinator acts as a resource for clinic staff. The Healthcare Coordinator works in a less structured, self-directed environment and performs all nursing duties within the scope of a LVN/LPN license of the applicable state board of nursing.
- Works with the providers and clinic staff to identify patients at high risk through transitions of care. This is to support the market initiative of reducing utilizations, including ER visits, hospital admissions, and hospital readmissions
- Supports longitudinal care of the patient with chronic care conditions by:
- Performing assessment of health conditions
- Initiating medication reconciliation for pcp to complete
- Conducting motivational interviewing and self-management goal setting
- Providing patient education
- Supports transition of the patient with chronic care conditions from inpatient to outpatient setting, by:
- Performing assessment of transitional needs
- Initiating medication reconciliation for pcp to complete
- Establishing and reviewing contingency plan and 24/7 patient support availability
- Providing patient education in a self-management format
- Completing 3 in 30 on all high risk members experiencing a discharge
- Ensure a 7 calendar day follow up with pcp post discharge
- Assisting with post discharge needs such as prescriptions, transportation, durable medical equipment (dme), appointments by creating and following up on social work referrals
- Refers to case management for complex case needs, longitudinal needs, and/or disease management
- Coordinate with providers to establish or update plan of care
- Performs accurate and timely documentation in the electronic medical record
- Participates in daily huddles and patient care coordination (pcc) meetings
- Prepares accurate and timely reports, as required, for weekly meetings
- Maintains continued competence in nursing practice and knowledge of current evidence based practices
- May perform clinical tasks within their scope of practice
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse with an active and unrestricted Texas or Compact State license
- Current BLS certification
- 2+ years of experience in a physician’s office, clinical or hospital setting
- Knowledge of chronic diseases, especially COPD/asthma, diabetes, CHF and IHD
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- IV Certification
- Experience related to patient education and/or motivational interviewing skills and self-management goal setting
- Experience with outbound patient telecommunications
- Fluent written and verbal skills in English and Spanish
- Proven solid interpersonal skills
- Proven excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to interact productively with individuals and with multidisciplinary teams
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.