Senior Customer Service Representative - Draper, UT OR Cypress, CA - 2193287
If you are within 30 miles of Draper, UT OR Cypress, CA, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll interact with customers continuously by phone and in writing. Within a high-volume setting, you’ll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work an 8 hour shift during our normal business hours of 6:00am – 8:00pm MST. Mandatory overtime is required during peak season (first few weeks of January) and based on business need and weekends. Our office is located at 12921 S Vista Station Blvd, Draper, UT 84020 OR 5701 Katella Ave, Cypress, CA 90630.
We offer weeks of on-the-job training. The hours of the training will be aligned with your schedule. The hours during training will be 6am – 8pm MST, Monday – Friday.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Ensure quality customer service for internal and external customers with focus on needs identification, problem solving and partnering with billing and eligibility specialists
- Monitor delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Use appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
- Inform and educate new customers regarding billing/invoicing set up and billing/payment procedures
- Place outgoing phone calls to complete follow-up on customer service requests as necessary
This role will be part of the EEQ team and will help lead the company to become the Center of Excellence
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must be 18 years of age or above
- 18+ months of previous call center experience
- 3+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems OR 3+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift between 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM MST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime per business need
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Reside within 30 miles of 12921 S Vista Station Blvd, Draper, UT 84020 OR 5701 Katella Ave, Cypress, CA 90630 with the ability to attend the onsite 3 days a week
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to multi-task including ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Demonstrated ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $18.80 – $36.78 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.