Ophthalmic Assistant - 2198212
**3,000 Sign On For External Candidates**
Full-time with excellent benefits within 30 days.
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Participates in the delivery of patient care in an effective manner. Under close supervision perform preliminary screening examinations for physician review including, but not limited to, visual acuity, history taking, tonometry, lensometry, motility, pupil assessment, visual fields, simple color vision tests, and may perform refraction. Examine the cornea, lens, and anterior chamber of the eye using a slit lamp and note variations from normal. May administer dilation or anesthetic drops. May assist with patient contact lens insertion and removal training
- Performs stocking and maintenance functions. Maintains physical environment of exam and procedure rooms. Cleans and stocks rooms daily and maintains appropriate supply of sample drug medications as needed. Assists with ordering medical/office supplies. Prepares for transport of contaminated instruments and equipment for sterilization. Facilitates calibration, maintenance, and monitoring of equipment as needed
- Performs various clerical functions. Assists with appointments and telephone call screening activities. Answers phones, takes messages and relays to appropriate individuals. Under direction of physician, may call pharmacy with prescription refills and records prescriptions in patient’s chart. Files test results, forms, and letters into medical record
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned, and sensitive response in the workplace. Interacts with patients, visitors, and all personnel in a courteous manner. Resolves conflict in a healthy and constructive manner. Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patients and co-workers; demonstrates respect for individual, cultural, and social differences. Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the work environment
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings. Supports the development of other staff and formal learners
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of directly related experience working for an Ophthalmologist
- Certification as a certified Ophthalmic Assistant by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO)
- BLS Certification
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $31.44 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.