Senior Health Engagement Coach; RD or Nutritionist - Ft Lauderdale, FL - 2193647
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This Senior Health Engagement Coach collaborates with the Health Engagement Consultant to develop and implement a multiyear solutions roadmap. This strategy utilizes analytic data to improve employee engagement, affordability and decision making. The Senior Health Engagement Coach and Health Engagement Consultant work in tandem to deliver high impact results that incorporates a solutions-oriented engagement process. This position focuses on engagement and consumerism, in conjunction with UHC and Optum products, as well as external vendors.
The Senior Health Engagement Coach is responsible for delivering prevention and lifestyle intervention services focusing on nutrition, physical activity, weight management and reduction of risk for chronic disease. The Senior Health Engagement Coach will use behavior modification and coaching techniques via one-on-one sessions to high and moderate risk clientele. This is a field-based position.
If you are located within a commutable distance from Broward County, FL, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist employees in developing personal and measurable health goals and plans
- Meet with employees on a regular schedule to monitor progress and make referrals to resources
- Administer basic non-invasive biometric measurements for employees (weight, waist circumference, body fat); provides associated health education, referral, and counseling based on results
- Track individual and group employee meetings in proprietary dashboard
- Maintain and report accurate, timely and appropriate outcomes data (unidentified)
- Participate in regular meetings with the Employee Wellness Program manager and/or staff
- Create presentations and present relevant health information to individuals and groups at the assigned UHC customer
- Demonstrate an ability to deliver effective personal health coaching in a manner that promotes behavior change
- Appropriately adapt coaching and education methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, and emotional needs of each employee served
- Demonstrate established customer service behaviors and standards. Treat all clients with courtesy, dignity, and respect
Candidates must be within a commutable distance the Fort Lauderdale, FL area. This is an onsite position and requires 75% local travel (3-4 days per week) to multiple office locations throughout Broward County. This position is a 40 hr work week Monday – Friday; however, schedule flexibility is required (arrival/departure times).
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
One year of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to one year of experience.
- Registered Dietitian or Certified Nutritionist
- 2+ years of experience in direct education and/or coaching with individuals for disease prevention, health education, or behavior change
- Current knowledge of disease prevention (cardiovascular and diabetes) and basic understanding of exercise principles, nutrition, and weight management
- Beginner or Intermediate skills within Office 365 applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Certified Health Education Specialist
- Certification in a nationally recognized coaching program or other health licensure
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Energetic and compassionate personality willing to teach, learn and be open to new and innovative ways of delivering preventive and intervention services
- Demonstrate insight into human behavior and can communicate and interact with individuals at varying education levels
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing professional development
- Flexible, open to new ideas, and willing to take on new responsibilities
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.