Clinical Pharmacist - Remote - 2198726
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Clinical Pharmacist will collaborate with providers and other interdisciplinary team members to improve the outcomes of patients with heart failure or COPD. The Pharmacist will identify and resolve potential drug therapy problems through medication review, make recommendations to providers to optimize treatment regimens, provide patient education regarding medication use, achieve optimal medication adherence, and contribute to effective transitions of care through post-discharge medication reconciliation and review.
If you are located in Utah, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Performs medication review for patients to identify medication related problems and optimization opportunities
- Collect relevant information from various sources to understand the history and clinical status of the patient
- Complete patient-centered assessment, considering functional status, risk factors, cultural factors, treatment goals, and health literacy
- Assess medications for appropriateness, effectiveness, safety, and adherence
- Develop pharmacist care plan with prioritized recommendations that are evidence-based and patient-specific
- Implement recommendations in collaboration with the patient’s care team
- Develop a follow-up plan to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of recommendations implemented
- Complete medication reconciliation post-discharge for high-risk patients and provide recommendations to providers and counseling to patients transitioning from hospitals, SNFs, institutions or other high-risk patients
- Identify discrepancies between medications on hand, discharge medication list, or other medication list provided
- Review medication regimen for drug therapy problems that may increase risk for readmission
- Implements and supports pharmacy & medical strategies and programs to achieve key strategic and business goals
- Collaborates with functionally diverse teams (i.e. MD, RN, PharmD, LCSW) to achieve desired end-results and develop innovative solutions for complex problems Review medication regimen for drug therapy problems that may increase risk for readmission
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.