Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN/LPN Clinic Triage Dallas Texas - 2193169
Opportunities at WellMed, part of the Optum family of businesses. We believe all patients are entitled to the highest level of medical care. Here, you will join a team who shares your passion for helping people achieve better health. With opportunities for physicians, clinical staff and non-patient-facing roles, you can make a difference with us as you discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
$1,500K Sign on Bonus for External Candidates
Under the direction of physicians, the LVN Intake Nurse provides clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients using established standards of clinical nursing care and practices approved by WellMed Medical Group.
- Assesses patient needs using established triage protocol
- Recommends follow-up as indicated by protocol
- Schedules same day appointments, as indicated
- Documents all encounters in electronic medical records system
- Evaluates follow-up on patient condition and/or reaction to drugs and treatments
- Educates patients, family members and care givers on treatment and care plans
- Maintains quality control standards (HIPAA/OSHA)
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
This is a clinic base position near Bonnie Way
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Texas Vocational Nurse license
- Current CPR certification
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Proven effective use of proper grammar, spelling, medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Proven ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Proven effective listening and communication skills
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- IV certification
- 1+ years of experience in a medical setting
- Ability to perform medical procedures, give injections and perform phlebotomy
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.