RN Care Manager - Remote in East NC - Wayne, Duplin County or surrounding area - 2197489
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it’s all about ensuring a positive outcome for members. In this role, you’ll work in the field and coordinate the care needs for members in the local community. And at every turn, you’ll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our members.
In this Care Manager role, you will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located in East NC – Wayne/Duplin Counties or surrounding area, you will have the flexibility to be field based as you take on some tough challenges. Expect to spend about 50% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations.
- Assess, plan and implement care management interventions that are individualized for each member and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for both healthcare and community-based services; including but not limited to financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Develop and implement care plan interventions throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for members and families as needed to ensure the member’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- Current, unrestricted independent licensure as a Registered Nurse
- 2+ years of Clinical Experience
- 1+ years of experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel up to 50% within assigned territory to meet with members and providers
- Reside in the East NC – Wayne/Duplin Counties or surrounding area
- Access to a designated quiet workspace in your home (separated from non-workspace areas) with the ability to secure Protected Health Information (PHI)
- BSN, Master’s Degree or Higher in Clinical Field
- CCM certification
- 1+ years of community case management experience coordinating care for individuals with complex needs
- Experience working in team-based care
- Background in Managed Care
- Ability to transition from office to field locations multiple times per day
- Ability to navigate multiple locations/terrains to visit employees, members and/or providers
- Ability to transport equipment to and from field locations needed for visits (ex. laptop, etc.)
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time to complete computer or tablet work duties
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.