Telephonic Consulting Pharmacist - Remote in KS, MO, OK, TX - 2196929
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for patient focused pharmacists to join the OptumRx Home Delivery Pharmacy Consulting Pharmacist team! The consulting pharmacists perform various duties which support our patients and internal Customer Service Advocates; consult with patients regarding the use of medications, medication side effects, drug therapy, and potential drug interactions; provide explanations and interpretations within area of expertise; limited interactions with physicians and other healthcare providers.
*** Training: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm CST for 7 weeks up to 3 months ***
*** Primarily Evening Shift: Monday – Friday, 5:00 pm – 1:30 am CST or earlier ***
***Rotating weekends/holidays with varying shifts***
If you reside within the states of Kansas, Missouri, Texas or Oklahoma, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges
- Consults with patients regarding use of medications and potential drug interactions
- Analyzes and investigates concerns
- May take new prescriptions and evaluates patient histories
- May need to interpret physicians’ prescriptions and verify orders
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- The required work hours for this role are: Monday – Friday, 5:00 pm – 1:30 AM CST, or earlier, with rotating weekend/holidays and varying shifts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D degree
- Current and permanent resident of Kansas, Missouri, Texas or Oklahoma
- Current and active Pharmacist license in the State of Kansas or Texas
- Current and active Pharmacist license in your State of Residence, if not residing in Kansas or Texas
- 1+ years of experience working in a retail pharmacy and/or customer service setting as a Licensed Pharmacist
- Basic level of experience with MS Word and the ability to type and navigate a Windows environment
- The required work hours for this role are: Monday – Friday, 5:00 pm – 1:30 am CST, or earlier, with rotating weekends/holidays and varying shifts. Must be flexible and available to work the designated shift
- Experience in a telephonic role (i.e. call center)
- Managed Care and/or PBM experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Proven excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven excellent organizational skills
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment