Senior CareAware Analyst - 2191927
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Sr CareAware Analyst will be functioning in a front-line role to deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and validate a variety of integrated bedside technology related hardware and software applications throughout the Northern Light Health (NLH) system. The specialist works closely with home office shared services teams and local member hospital constituents throughout the system to maintain a stable and functional NLH CareAware iBus Platform. This role supports the EHR integration of devices clinicians leverage to provide safe efficient patient care at the bedside, including physiological monitors, fetal monitoring, digital room displays, anesthesia devices, patient observation systems, and all the underlying infrastructure required for these solutions. The specialist is an expert in their field with a deep understanding of how these medical devices integrate across the organization. They collaborate with clinical stakeholders, informatics, clinical engineering, and other information systems teams to design, implement, and provide ongoing support of new integrated bedside technology solutions. This position also assists in the development of policies and procedures required to maintain CareAware hardware and applications.
- Demonstrates an understanding of NLH Information Systems and Integrated Bedside Technologies/CareAware responsibilities
- Assists in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures as required to implement Bedside Technology hardware and applications
- Assists in the coordination of tasks between the Clinical Applications, Infrastructure, and Security teams as they pertain to the Beside Technology Hardware and applications
- Assisting with system troubleshooting and maintenance, RMA of defective equipment, software updates and related testing with end users where applicable
- Works in an interdisciplinary environment to ensure connectivity and information process workflows are correct and accurate for clinicians and providers
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of Integrated Bedside Technology hardware and applications
- Role model and mentor to all levels in the department for all areas of support and functions
- Assists leadership in identifying opportunities for process improvement within and outside of the department
- Assists department leadership with team and staff enrichment activities such as: team meetings, team building activities, and other opportunities to strengthen the department
- As assigned by leadership, assists department in the coordination of projects including acting as the project manager on smaller efforts
- Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of Technical Support, Clinical, or Informatics experience supporting a health system
- 1+ years of experience with any of the following: (Oracle Cerner CareAware, Oracle Cerner iBus, Bedside Medical Device Interface (BMDI), CareAware Connect, Cerner Millennium, Philips Capsule (Epic)
- Must have ability to travel up to 20%
- Health care industry experience
- Experience establishing a new organization
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment