Complex Customer Care Representative - Las Vegas, NV - 1035124
$2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported as you make an impact in a fast paced career? At UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you can have all of the above, every day. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers. As a Customer Care Representative, you’ll provide our members with the information they need to make better decisions about their health, helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day, you’ll provide compassionate and empathetic support to 50 to 70 callers providing guidance, support, and resolution for escalated issues. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8am – 6pm PST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 2720 N Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV 89128.
We offer 4 weeks of training. The hours during training will be 8:00am-4:30pm PST, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted on-site.
- Handle escalated calls, resolving more complex customer issues
- Demonstrate outstanding service to identify the source of the caller’s issue and work to resolve the inquires in a timely and professional manner
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics such as selecting the best benefit plan options, maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating the online member center and other websites while encouraging and reassuring them to becoming self-sufficient with our tools
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED OR equivalent years of work experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience in a call-center environment OR in a medical office, health care setting analyzing and solving customer problems
- Experience with Windows PC applications-Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates) Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management) Microsoft Excel (create, edit, sort, filter spreadsheets
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8am – 6pm PST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Proficient in translating health care-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Proficient conflict management skills including the ability to resolve stressful situations
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.00 – $31.44 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.