Patient Services Representative II, General Surgery - The Everett Clinic - Everett, WA - 2195578
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California, to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
The Patient Services Representative functions as an integral member of the team and is the first point of contact for all persons inquiring about the provider’s practice. The primary role is to organize the practice’s daily activities and paperwork. The PSR’s communication, conduct and performance should support the clinic’s efforts in becoming a High-Performance Organization.
- Greet customers into the practice and provide instruction and/or direction as necessary both on the phone and in person
- Schedule and coordinate all patient appointments as directed
- Maintain an organized and clean work area, free of clutter
- Prepare all documentation and records with accuracy as directed or necessary for the patient’s care
- Meet or exceed the performance measures established by the Practice Management Dept
- Order and maintain the inventory, and stock in the area according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management Dept. and Central Supply
- Follow establish policy and procedures related to the position
- Participate and contribute in a team-based environment
- Maintain a team supportive attendance record
- Understand and deliver quality customer service that is consistent with The Everett Clinic’s efforts in becoming a High-Performance Organization
- Follow OSHA/WISHA (including usage of PPE) guidelines
- Follow HIPAA regulations
- Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing environment, and in occasional difficult situations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
One year of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to one year of experience.
- 1+ years of experience in customer service or patient service
- 2+ years of experience working in the healthcare industry
- 2+ years of experience in patient outreach
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Suite
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $16.00 to $31.44 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.