Accounts Receivable Clerk - DME, Hospice and Home Health - Las Vegas, NV - 2193359
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The A/R Billing Clerk position is responsible for validating patient’s insurance coverage, processing recurring rentals, claims coding, claims billing including price validation, assisting patient accounts with billing discrepancies, payment posting and working denials in CareTend management software. They are responsible for follow up with payers for more information or payment. Southwest Medical Pharmacy and HME processes an average 22,000 claims per month. This total includes an average 15,000 electronic claims and 5,000 paper claims each month. The A/R Billing Clerks are responsible for follow up on an average 4,000 claims per month. They process all of the credits and corrected billing for patients and insurances.
- Interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications
- Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed
- Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables
- May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities
- Resolve most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
One year of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to one year of experience.
- 2+ years of recent Medical Billing experience within an office setting, with experience in charge entry, payment entry and AR follow-up
- Experience with and understanding of CPT & ICD-10 coding
- Basic computer skills (i.e., MS office & Excel proficiency)
- Medicare and/or Medicaid billing experience
- DME/HME, Hospice/Home Health Billing Experience
- 10 key proficiency
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.00 to $31.44 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.