Pharmacy Tech - The Everett Clinic - 2195334
$1,500 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Under general supervision, the technician is responsible for providing technical support under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. The technician’s duties are provided as part of the anticoagulation clinic team and involves interaction with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, nurse practitioners and other health care providers.
- The technician will be for all duties of preparing and dispensing of medication
- Unsure compliance with all USP 797 requirements
- Knowledge of polies and procedures set forth by USP 800 when handling hazardous medications. Performs hazardous medication preparation in compliance with USP 800 standards
- Identifies medications considered “hazardous” by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and local policy
- Mixes chemotherapy and biologics within the Compounding Aseptic Containment Isolator (CACI), Biological Safety Cabinets, and Laminar Airflow Workbench (LAFW) using proper aseptic technique
- Follows clean room guidelines and accurately prepares IV solutions and other sterile products
- Maintains accuracy in processing orders to ensure that all orders are processed and dispensed in a timely manner
- Prepares continuous infusion pumps setting the pumps according to physician orders
- Utilizes the Pharmacy Report to assist with maintaining appropriate level of inventory for the clinic
- Maintains indigent patient drug program for assigned clinic
- Assists, as necessary, with the stocking of supplies, clinic organization, clean-up, etc.
- Assists to provide orientation and training to newly hired pharmacy technicians
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as outlined in the policy and procedure manual
- Properly disposes all hazardous and non – hazardous waste materials used when mixing chemo or non-chemo
- Knowledgeable about the appropriate use of PPE and chemotherapy spill kits in the event of a cytotoxic spill
- Performs calculations as necessary to prepare IV admixtures including cytotoxic and investigational research drugs under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist
- Ability to utilize closed system transfer devices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Must have and maintain an active pharmacy technician license in the state of Washington
- Completion of a pharmacy technician certification program approved by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy
- 1+ years of experience as a pharmacy technician
- 3+ years of experience working as a pharmacy technician
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $16.00 to $31.44 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.