Bilingual (English / Spanish) Pre-Visit Care Connector - Remote in Franklin, TN OR Maryland Heights, MO - 1035161
If you are located within a commutable distance of Franklin, TN; or Maryland Heights, MO, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you’re fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast – growing environment.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The HouseCalls Care Connections team is responsible for coordination of Pre-Visit assessments before HouseCalls Visits to ensure accurate up to date information is documented, including communication with providers (both internal and external) as well as members, and their families. The HouseCalls Care Connectors work in a fast – paced, high volume, call center environment, virtually, from their own home, to provide immediate care coordination needs via telephonic inbound and outbound calls.
This position is full – time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work any shift between the hours of 9:00am-5:30pm Central Time Zone including the flexibility to work occasional overtime based on business need. Our office is located at Franklin 0 113 Seaboard Lane / 12125 MARYLAND HEIGHTS–13655 RIVERP
We offer 2 -3 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM EST.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Completes telephonic outreach to members utilizing auto-dialer and manual dialing
- Receive inbound calls from members and transfers from other departments
- Influences member to fully complete the Pre-Visit Assessment
- Ask member assessment questions and actively listen to member responses
- Accurately document demographic and medical history information in the Pre-Visit assessment
- Ensures member has access to Primary Care Provider (PCP)
- Identifies and documents gaps in care, preventative screenings, allergies, and surgeries
- Provides excellent customer service to both members and providers
- Consistently meets metrics, for quality, productivity, and outcomes
- Constantly maintains schedule adherence and good attendance
- Maintains confidential health information according to state and federal regulations including HIPAA
- Common Language of Leadership Behaviors for Success:
- Serving Customers
- Being Accountable
- Influencing Others
- Delivering Results
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent experience
- 2+ years of call center and / OR telephonic customer service experience, preferably in healthcare
- 2+ years of healthcare experience and / OR social work / community outreach / advocacy experience
- 1+ years of experience with collecting and documenting medical history information and using medical terminology
- Work experience with using Microsoft Word (create, edit, and save documents), Microsoft Excel (sorting and filtering data), and Microsoft Outlook (emails, folders, attachments, and calendaring)
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Ability and willingness to work in the local office if / when system OR internet issues occur
- Reside in commutable distance to Franklin, TN; or Maryland Heights, MO
- Ability to work full – time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work any shift between the hours of 9:00am-5:30pm Central Time Zone including the flexibility to work occasional overtime based on business need.
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Previous experience successfully working as a telecommuter
- Experience working as an Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Community Health Worker (CHW), or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid members/patients
- Reside within a commutable distance of Franklin, TN; or Maryland Heights, MO
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to connect directly into internet – via hard wire (either directly to modem or router)
- Must be comfortable working in a fast – paced, high – volume, call center environment
- Must be able and comfortable with meeting / exceeding metrics and goals within the department
- Must be comfortable working on the phone and navigate multiple systems on the computer simultaneously while assisting / serving members
- Must be comfortable making telephonic outreach to members without prior engagement
- Telephone etiquette: Demonstrate professionalism and compassion
- Excellent Organizational Skills
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.