Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator - San Diego, CA - 2196769
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position will provide routine administrative support to the Behavioral Health Services Team primarily located at the Community Transition Center. Data entry support/generate monthly data reports, quality assurance for technical document completeness. Filing of clinical information. Serve as primary point of contact for providers or members regarding medical/behavioral/clinical services or benefits.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am – 5:00pm PST). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 3880 Rosecrans St San Diego, CA 92110.
This will be on the job training and the hours during training will be 8:00am to 5:00pm CST, Monday – Friday.
- Behavioral Health & Probation Case Management (PCMS) data entry and review of accurate demographic, assignment, and category entry of screened clients.
- Create, maintain, and audit files for clinician use which also includes the purging of files in several BHST locations throughout the county.
- Review files and technical completeness.
- Request and coordinate for delivery of behavioral health records from California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
- Maintain access to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation electronic information sharing systems including Benefit Application Support System (BASS) and Secure File Transfer Portal (SFTP).
- Identify process and technical equipment related problems for improvements and supports Program Manager when needed.
- Responsible for taking meeting minutes during organizational meetings.
- Assist the BHST with schedule coverage to support operations.
- Support leadership with quality assurance, on-boarding, and daily operations.
- Support BHST daily operations related to client screenings and check -ins as needed.
- Collaborate and support leadership with data integrity and data organization.
- Efficiently answer incoming calls and provide prompt and courteous service to clients and guests.
- Accurately collaborate and coordinate with Probation, Community Treatment Partners, Behavioral Health Services and Optum incoming requests with regards to Behavioral Health Services Team functions.
- Position requires access to Electronic Health Records which includes Protected Health Information and Probation Case Management System.
- Assist BHST with invoice expenses and reimbursements.
- Adhere to pertinent HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Part of the challenge here is dealing positively with members and providers in sometimes challenging circumstances. As a subject matter expert, you’ll also be the “go-to” resource for information. The flexibility to work evening hours will also be required.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED and/or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of previous customer service and/or Administrative experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word (ability to open and navigate a word document) and Microsoft Excel (ability to open and navigate a spreadsheet)
- Reside within 25 Miles of 3880 Rosecrans St San Diego, CA 92110
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work full-time, Monday – Friday between 8:00am – 5:00pm PST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Knowledge of the system of care in San Diego
Your confidence, decisiveness and perseverance will help you positively impact our patient lives. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $18.80 – $36.78 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.