Field Social Worker in San Antonio, TX - 2196795
**This position is full-time with excellent compensation, benefits within 30 days that include PTO, paid holidays, annual bonus potential, annual reviews, tuition reimbursement, mileage reimbursement at 65.5 per along with opportunities for continued career progression! All clinical licensures and required CEU costs are covered.**
Opportunities at WellMed, part of the Optum family of businesses. We believe all patients are entitled to the highest level of medical care. Here, you will join a team who shares your passion for helping people achieve better health. With opportunities for physicians, clinical staff and non-patient-facing roles, you can make a difference with us as you discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The WellMed2U Social Worker provides psycho-social support to WellMed2U home based patients. Working with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), the Social Worker assists in facilitating patient-family meetings, providing behavioral counseling and assists with the IDT in clarification of the goals of care and the plan of care. The Social Worker assists in ensuring patient care services are coordinated, using all available company and area resources. The Social Worker coordinates with appropriate hospital support departments, Case Management RNs and Complex Care Nurses to ensure smooth transition into WellMed2U and seamless care throughout the continuum.
- Complete a social work assessment for patients and their family/caregiver to identify social strengths, needs, and goals as it relates to their care
- Assess the patient/family psychosocial status in regard to understanding and acceptance of disease process
- Assess the need for available resources, such as financial needs, medication and nutritional needs, adaptive equipment, home modification and transportation
- Attend weekly team meetings to review patient plan of care
- Assist in patient education where needed
- Participate in on-going Quality Improvement initiatives
- Assist patient with explanation of Advanced Care Plans
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- Current unrestricted Licensure and/or certification as required by the state of Texas
- Current BLS certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- 3+ years of in-patient, out-patient or home-based social work
- Reliable transportation, ability to travel to patient homes
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- LMSW & LCSW
- Home-based experience
- Knowledge of pain and symptom control
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.