Customer Service Lead - Draper, UT OR Cypress, CA - 2197391
If you are located in Draper, UT OR Cypress CA, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (5:00am – 8:00pm MST Sunday-Saturday). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends.
Our office is located at Cypress, CA office: 5701 Katella Ave. Cypress, CA 90630 and Draper, UT office: 12921 S Vista Station Blvd, Draper, UT.. Employees will be required to work 2-3 days onsite and remainder days from home.
This will be on the job training. The hours during training will be 8am – 4:30 MST, Monday – Friday.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Support Team Members by Answering Questions
- Build relationships of trust with team members
- Serve as a Call Center SME Subject Matter Expert
- Take Account Holder Calls
- Address Tech Issues/Center Outage by Following Escalation Path
- Collaborate with Supervisor on Monthly Team Meeting
- Provide Error Coaching
- Engage team by monitoring morale and supporting team boosting functions
- Provide QA Coaching
- Complete agent side by sides
- Take Escalation Calls as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED and/or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Must be able to work Sunday – Saturday from 5:00 AM – 8:00 PM MST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends.
- Ability to work on site 2-3 days a week
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Previous call center experience
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience working with the insurance, medical or behavioral health setting or banking experience
- Reside within Draper, UT or Cypress, CA
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to understand multiple services and multiple benefit plans for Medicaid
- Ability to multi-task
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.