Courier - 2197379
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
CareMount Medical is a multi-specialty medical group that provides the highest quality medical care in 40 different locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia and Ulster counties. Founded in 1946, CareMount Medical has grown to over 500 physicians and health experts representing 40 different medical specialties with major campuses throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties. The Group is an independent clinical affiliate of the internationally recognized Massachusetts General Hospital. CareMount Medical has on-site laboratory and radiology services, as well as endoscopy suites and infusion suites, rendering comprehensive care in one convenient location. Our commitment to quality is demonstrated by the four basic principles of CareMount Medical are to have the highest quality: physicians, diagnostic technology, state-of-the-art information technology, superior patient satisfaction and service.
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients…to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal – physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel.
Position in this function is responsible for driving, transporting, picking up, and distributing medical supplies, medications, lab specimens, mail, bank deposits, x-rays, charge tickets, and medical records between buildings, satellites, and other businesses as assigned. Requires long periods of sitting while driving, and excessive bending and lifting up to 80 pounds. Combination of vehicle, warehouse, and medical office environment, as well as traveling throughout the community on local roads and highways. Exposed to all types of weather.
*The shift for this position is 8:00 AM -5:00 PM
- Load up vans with department orders. Transport, deliver and pick up medical supplies and medications to and from assigned locations, obtaining signatures as proof of delivery
- Pick up postal mail at the post office and deliver to the mailroom as requested
- Distribute, and bring back interoffice mail to and from satellite offices
- Pick up charge tickets and scanning from all sites, and delivers to Charge Entry and EMR depts
- Transport lab specimens from all locations, and deliver to the Lab, Pathology or NWH
- Pick up and deliver mail, x-rays or other material to and from NWH
- Transport medical records throughout the Group, as well as, to and from our off-site storage facility
- Ensures that the courier vehicle is maintained including fueling, cleaning, and reporting repair needs
- Carries cell phone and communicates with supervisor frequently
- Provides assistance in the movement of furniture and large equipment throughout the Group when requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Clean valid state driver’s license
- Knowledge of safe driving and vehicle maintenance practices
- Proven ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Proven ability to interact courteously and communicate effectively with staff and the public
- Proven ability to coordinate and work with others to provide safe and efficient movement of materials
- Proven skilled in driving a van in all types of weather
- Experience in a delivery related job, preferably in a healthcare setting
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $23.13 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.