Social Worker - 2195465
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Social workers are responsible for providing social work services to patients and families. They function as a member of the departmental team which includes educating the patient, family and members of the healthcare team regarding benefits, community resources, referrals for counseling and other pertinent information. Social workers are also responsible for triaging referrals and collaborating on cases with other members of the healthcare delivery team. In addition, social workers must be able to assist the patient in a sensitive and supportive manner, while acting as an advocate on behalf of the patient.
This is a hybrid position and candidates must be willing to travel to our office locations, clinics and/or contracted locations occasionally.
- Assesses patient and family psychosocial needs and develops plan of care in concert with patient, physicians, nurses, HAs, other members of the departmental team and works in collaboration with other departments/programs such SCC/PAL, CAL AIM, ECM, MOC/SNP, CARE +, regional, SNFs, HIHR, Readmissions, Welcome Wagon, and Psych TOC
- Works in collaboration with CDOs Legacy Apple Care, NAMM, EPIC, Monarch
- Links patients/family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to, information/referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, support groups, and other community services
- Provide inpatient support, facilitate discharge planning, and assist in the post-discharge phase. They also play a crucial role in recommending Doc to Doc consults for members exceeding the appropriate length of stay and monitoring the days of admission for conversion to administrative days
- Apply brief solution-based therapy approaches and Implement harm reduction strategies when appropriate
- Documents patient/family status, diagnosis, treatment plan, goals, and interventions, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families, insurance company, community agencies and others as needed to ensure continuity of care
- Provides discharge planning based on meeting identified goals of the treatment plan
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Masters degree in Social Work (MSW), Psychology, counseling or equivalent human services graduate degree
- 2+ years of experience in a Social Work related role
- Case management experience
- Experience in a skilled nursing facility or palliative care
- Experience in managed care
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $56,300 to $110,400 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.