Billing Representative - Irving, TX - 2189278
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits, and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full – time (40 hours / week), Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM CST. Our office is located at 909 Hidden Ridge, Irving, TX, 75038.
We offer weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be based off their schedule.
- Responsible for overseeing the claims volume in the work queue
- Better understanding of the claim edits in the work queue
- Efficiently working the edits to resolve the issue by touching the claim once
- Effectively manage the flow of the claim by assigning them to the correct work queue
- Printing claims
- Coordinate amongst team members if needed for follow – up
- Validating all the errors are resolved
- Resolving clearing house edits and rejections
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of healthcare billing experience
- 1+ years of office experience with using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Intermediate proficiency with using Windows personal computer applications, which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new applications
- Ability to work onsite in Irving, TX
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM CST from Monday – Friday
- Experience in Epic OR other common practice software systems
- Experience in working with ambulatory physician coding and billing
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology and application of ICD – 10, CPT, HCPCS, and modifiers
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.