Associate Billing Representative - Remote in Owensboro, KY - 2188362
If you are located within a commutable distance of Owensboro, KY, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Opportunities at Owensboro Health, in strategic partnership with Optum. Our team of talented people works to improve the health outcomes of the communities we serve. As an Optum employee, you will provide support to the Owensboro health account. They are a nonprofit system with over 200 providers at more than 20 locations, 3 outpatient facilities, a certified medical fitness facility, a surgical weight loss center and the Mitchell Memorial Cancer Center. We are continually searching for people like you to help us provide the most innovative health care services. Join a team that will make you feel valued and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full – time (40 hours / week), Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Our office is located at 811 East Parrish Ave, Owensboro, KY.
We offer 2 – 4 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be discussed. Training will be on site. Once training is complete, positions will be fully remote.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Assist customers with payment processing, invoice explanation, payment due dates and billing questions
- Create documentation for external customers and payers in regard to premium balances as well as billing statements
- Contact customers by phone or in writing to verify data, apprise of billing issues as well as assist with resolution for outstanding balances
- Maintain timely, accurate documentation for all appropriate transactions
- Maintain payment status and billing records through corrections and adjustments
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standard
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy, communications style and effectiveness. You’ll need to be researching and resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume, demanding environment.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent years of work experience
- Availability to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours of the site
- Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and navigation, mouse, and keyboarding skills
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM from Monday – Friday
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e., office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.), using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Reside within a commutable distance of Owensboro, KY
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Taking care of business at UnitedHealth Group translates to more meaning and impact as you help improve the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.