Senior RN Case Manager - Las Vegas, NV - $10K Sign On Bonus - 2189264
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Under supervision of the Associate Director and Manager, the Senior RN Case Manager provides professional nursing care services to injured workers by working with physicians, hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, etc. to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. The Case Manager assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the outcomes, ensuring options and services required to meet the worker’s health needs are best utilized. The Case Manager provides advocacy, communication, and resource management and promotes quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes.
- Manages a caseload by coordinating services and collaborating with other health care professionals in the provision of health care services for injured workers
- Determines the necessity and appropriateness of health care services for patients
- Evaluates and reports on outcomes
- Provides Health Education, coaching and treatment decision support for injured workers
- Meets with Injured Worker, Provider and/or employer as needed in the clinical or work setting
- Completes various report and documentation
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures as related to Nurse Case Management
- Review work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement
- Provide information and direction to others on complex issues
- Participate in various special projects as assigned
- Attend assigned meetings relating to clinical reviews and other aspects of job function
- Performs all job functions with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in compliance with all state and federal laws, as well as Health Plan and departmental confidentiality guidelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered Nurse with active unrestricted license in the State of Nevada
- Willing or ability to obtain CA state nursing license within 3 months of employment
- Valid, unrestricted Nevada driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle
- 5+ years of adult clinical experience with 1+ years of experience working in a hospital or clinical setting
- 3+ years of case management experience
- Basic to intermediate level of proficiency using a PC in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified in Case Management (CCM)
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN)
- 1+ years of workers compensation experience
- Knowledge of Americans with Disability Act (ADA) compliance and OSHA
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.