Cash Reconciliation Clerk - 2188346
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Cash Reconciliation Clerk is responsible for accurate cash posting, reconciliation, & related cash operations. This position is responsible for the cash posting, reconciliation, and mail processing in accordance with regulatory and contractual obligations. This position requires a thorough understanding of the requirements of electronic remittances, lock box, and general accounting principles. In addition, this position is held accountable to adhere to the policies, procedures, and applicable laws; including metrics related to productivity and quality. This position works closely with a team of Cash Reconciliation Specialists to research, reconcile, and take corrective action on accounts to ensure an optimum revenue cycle workflow.
Location: Northern Light Mayo Hospital, 897 W Main St, Dover Foxcroft, ME 04426
- Actively participate in team huddles and meetings by way of sharing knowledge, requesting information, and recommending process improvements
- Work closely by way of problem solving with peers and leaders to address cash reconciliation issues or changes that directly impact the accounts receivable
- Process all incoming correspondence for the department; distribute and scan appropriately
- Accurately post zero payments as indicated on payer’s remittance
- Advises management of cash reconciliation issues which may require attention in a timely manner; makes recommendations
- Daily reconcile all posted cash & adjustments with deposits and cash log
- Research & correct all applicable posting errors; electronic and manual
- Research and accurately resolve outstanding patient credit balances in accordance with all departmental and system policies and procedures
- Meet or exceed the EMHS performance standards as it relates to quality and productivity
- Research and accurately prepare payment documents from all applicable sources to ensure timely cash posting
- Post applicable payer contractual adjustments in accordance with the department’s adjustment policy
- Ensure all functions related to cash reconciliation supports the team goals and objectives as well as EMHS’s financial performance objectives
- Ensure all functions related to Cash Support Team goals and objectives as well as EMHS’s financial performance objectives
- Thorough understanding the department’s Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain the knowledge of cash reconciliation requirements as it relates to policies & procedures
- Attend internal education sessions to enhance or gain new skills
- Demonstrate departmental desire to provide community benefits by way of charitable events or contribution outside the four walls of the department
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of healthcare cash posting & reconciliation experience
- 1+ year experience with cash posting & reconciliation operations in a healthcare setting
- 1+ year experience with lock box reconciliation, electronic remittance posting
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel; Creating spreadsheets, manipulating spreadsheets and formulas
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, and Word
- Ability to work from the location address: Northern Light Mayo Hospital, 897 W Main St, Dover Foxcroft, ME 04426
- 1+ year experience with cash posting & reconciliation operations in a healthcare setting in multiple hospitals/physicians
- 1+ year experience with lock box reconciliation, electronic remittance posting, and general accounting principles
- Must possess strong problem solving skills
- Excellent professional communication skills; both oral and written
- Customer oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.