Pharmacy Technician - 2186744
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you’re part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more – are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life’s best work.(sm)
We seek a Pharmacy Technician to support all functions of the Genoa mental health and specialty pharmacy primarily through dispensing medical prescriptions and performing necessary clerical duties while under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
Schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Pharmacy located inside of the Marion County Behavioral Health clinic.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all consumers and members of the clinic staff
- Fills prescription orders and makes them available for verification under direct supervision of the registered pharmacist
- Orders, receives and stores incoming pharmacy supplies
- Receives and processes wholesaler medication orders
- Verifies medication stock and enters data in computer to maintain inventory records
- Works with the Pharmacist to asset in the pharmacy functions and keeping the pharmacy in compliance with all federal and state requirements
- Performs various clerical duties relating to the department
- Communicates with solid professional verbal and written communication skills
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma/GED or higher
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the state of Oregon
- Access to reliable transportation
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Pharmacy and prescription data entry experience
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.