Senior Director Actuarial Services - Remote - 2183477
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Imagine how much went in to forming a team of actuarial talent that can keep our Fortune 6 global organization at the forefront of an industry. It took a lot of planning and work, and it is a great start. But now we need you. As a Senior Director Actuarial Services at UnitedHealth Group, you will direct cross-functional teams and influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas and approaches. It is an opportunity to help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group as you participate in the development of business strategy and lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide actuarial direction and strategy to balance growth and profitability goals
- Lead actuarial analysis and services in support of trend projections and pricing assumptions
- Collaborate with PBM and clinical partners to develop network, formulary, and rebate assumptions
- Collaborate on the development of actuarial Part D pricing and forecast models and methodologies
- Review results from pricing models and test sensitivity
- Evaluate impacts of strategic benefit changes and legislative reforms
- Participate in the Part D bid submission process
- Participate in forecast process, including evaluation of drivers and variances
- Communicate results to stakeholders
- Manage the workload and career development of a small staff of actuarial analysts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- 8+ years of actuarial experience
- Experience with Part D pricing or forecasting
- Experience using models that involve large datasets
- Advanced or higher level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Beginner or higher level of proficiency in SAS (Statistical Analysis System), SQL (Structure Query Language) or other programming system
- Experience building models using SAS or SQL or other programming system
- Advanced Proficiency in SAS (Statistical Analysis System) or SQL (Structure Query Language) or other programming system
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California/Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada/New Jersey/New York/Rhode Island/Washington residents is $142,300 to $273,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.