Senior Field Account Manager - East Region - 2184616
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Senior KA Field Account Manager is the field based “Client Relationship Manager” responsible for providing proactive and strategic engagement with customers to further the relationship with UnitedHealthcare. The role will be responsible for educating customers on their benefit plans, UnitedHealthcare’s core wellness tools and resources, and communicating various administrative/service-related changes to the customer (i.e., network or pharmacy preferred drug changes). A strong focus of this role will be training and educating on the UnitedHealthcare tools and resources that are available to our UnitedHealthcare customers and members. The KA Field Account Manager will also be responsible for conducting open enrollment meetings, wellness fairs, lunch and learns along with coordinating coverage with other offices/vendors if they are not available. This role also includes facilitating the relationship between the customer and the Central Service team (CSO/DCSM) and providing education on the correct service escalation paths for our assigned employer groups and their employees. This position reports to the local field market leader.
The KA Senior Field Account Manager is accountable for client and member education as well as escalated service issues of larger or more complex customers.
If you are located within EST time zone, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Coordinates, staffs, and conducts open enrollment meetings, wellness fairs and Lunch and Learns to include creating customized open enrollment materials and presentations
- Acts as a strategic partner and consultative resource to larger or more complex customer, responsible for the customer’s total UHC experience
- Deploys and trains customers on UnitedHealthcare’s core wellness tools and resources
- Meets with customers regularly to review service-related statistics including ideas for improving or enhancing the customer’s experience
- Communicates administrative or service-related changes to the customer
- Reports and advises customers on the level of member engagement with wellness programs and other plan features
- Addresses and partners with the central sales support and matrixed teams to resolve any escalated issues sent to the Senior Field Account Manager, the Strategic Account Executive, or other field employee
- Trains and educates customers on UHC eServices, eCR Reporting, and other eTools as appropriate
- Relationship Building:
- Uses our CRM Solaris to create a strategic proactive engagement plan for their groups as appropriate
- Develop and maintain solid customer and broker relationships, in person and telephonically
- Partner with the SAE and other Field Based Staff
- Develop and maintain key internal relationships
- Understand customer needs, where to prioritize efforts, and provide value-added consultation
- Present a positive image of UHG in the marketplace
- Community involvement through professional organizations, associations and local organization
- Proactively communicate with clients and provide updates on benefit and wellness program initiatives
- Ability to lead, communicate, execute and navigate complex service needs & discussions
- Remain responsive and follow through on commitments both internally and externally
- Act as a consultative resource and strategic partner to the customer and broker, sharing new and innovative ideas, in support of the customer’s total service experience
- Monitor and track on-going performance, present and recommend solutions to the customer
- Must be able to successfully utilize digital tools and resources such as Webex, to remotely conduct customer meetings and presentations when appropriate
- Healthcare Knowledge:
- Understand goals, health plan initiatives, operating principles, strategies and competitive position of UHC
- Act as a trusted advisor through in-depth healthcare knowledge, understand important trends, and know your customer base
- Ability to strategize and provide consultative advice for service/benefit needs
- Product Knowledge:
- Clearly demonstrate the UHC value propositions for medical and specialty programs (where applicable) to improve customer growth and retention
- Effectively execute and run wellness programs
- Educate customers and promote UHC Tools and Resources
- Comprehensive understanding of Self- Funded/Administrative Services Only (ASO funding)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in managing customer relationships in the healthcare or similar industry
- Insurance license as required by law within 90 days of hire
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven superior presentation skills in both small and large group settings
- Proven solid interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence internal business partners
- Proven advanced Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other virtual productivity tools
- Ability to travel as required (approximately 10-15%)
- 5+ years of health care industry experience
- Human Resources or Medical Benefits experience
- Proven ability to work with external customers such as employers, consumers, consultants, and brokers
Connecticut, New Jersey, New York or Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut, New Jersey, New York or Rhode Island residents is $24.04 to $52.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.