Medical Assistant - Family Practice - ProHealth Physicians - 2187358
**$1,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates**
Opportunities with ProHealth Physicians, part of the Optum family of businesses. When you work at ProHealth Physicians, your contributions directly sustain the health and well-being of our community. Discover high levels of teamwork, robust medical resources and a deep commitment to exceptional care and service. Join a leading community-based medical group and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state’s residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
- Location: 85 Poheganut Drive, Groton, CT 06340
- Department: Primary Care / Family Practice
- Hours: 40 hours/weekly, full time. Monday through Friday, hours ranging between 8:00AM – 5:00PM
The Medical Assistant supports the Care team and its patients through patient care, clinical and administrative tasks including patient intake, receiving and responding to patient phone calls, and documenting patient interactions. The MA performs duties within the Connecticut scope of practice.
- Performs EKGs and other office testing
- Performs quality control checks on equipment
- Rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Practices standard infection control precautions
- Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
- Carries out standing orders consistent with ProHealth’ s policies and procedures
- Schedules tests, treatments and follow-up visits on behalf of patients
- In advance of the visit, perform Pre-visit Preparation to confirm that all needed information is available
- Informs new and existing patients/families about how to access information about their healthcare team
- Delivers quality customer service
- Ensures all policy and procedures are followed including infection control, patient confidentiality and privacy
- Actively participate in regular team meetings and quality improvement activities
- Conducting outreach to patients identified on monthly clinical performance reports
- Provide effective communication with all patients
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited MA program
- Medical Assistant Certification – CMA or RMA, or or ability to obtain within 120 days from hire
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of ICD – 10 and CPT coding
- Demonstrates good communication and customer service skills
- Proven ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.