Senior Brand Designer
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Design
In Design, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
The Role: Senior Product/Brand Designer
As Senior Brand Designer, you’ll form the cornerstone of content. You’ll join a dynamic team of innovative visual and experience designers as well as developers, working to bring our user experience to the next level. The Senior Brand Designer will liaise directly with our Marketing & Communications teams to create the most compelling and creative ad, social, and video content. Most importantly, you’ll be responsible for defining how the world views Gemini, evangelizing and educating users about the innovative industry.
This designer will be focused on marketing and brand design while collaborating across the product design team. This individual will support business goals related to brand building, and brand recognition. They will also contribute to building the Gemini brand and have the ability to creatively express the brand across a variety of mediums.
- Evolve, explore and apply our visual identity; become fully immersed in the Gemini brand and mission
- Lead and work on multiple digital projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end
- Execute and produce a mix of graphic, motion, and photographic content
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes marketing, engineers, and product managers in order to create compelling content for the user
- Support multiple business lines with creation of digital assets
- Work closely with the Art Director and marketing partners to formulate, communicate and transform a complex system into a simplistic message
- Explore new directions and design patterns to meet the requirements while pushing the quality of design forward
- Oversee the execution of assets, typography, logos, icons and interfaces for multiple platforms
- Help with leading efforts to develop ad campaigns and design styles for product launches, features updates, and ad campaigns
- Develop new designs as well as iterate on existing designs for the marketing website
- Suport and explore styles for social channels
- Work with marketing to design email, content (ex: whitepapers), and print collateral
- 4-7 years of experience in a similar role and or formal design training
- Proficient in, Figma, Adobe CC, Google Suite
- Experience with motion design using After Effects and Lottie that can be applied to product animations
- Experience designing for the web and mobile, and or familiar with web and mobile design standards and systems
- Can execute a predefined design direction, designing specific explorations related to components as well as certain design maintenance activities
- Design fundamentalist knowing the rules, but knows how to bend and break them to create innovative solutions
- Strong presentation skills telling a coherent story/POV, relating the work to the overall strategic priority of project and how the design decisions are made in support
- Clear understanding of visual hierarchy, balance, rhythm, typography and color
- Ability to problem solve complex concepts with multiple simplistic concepts
- Creative mindset and ability to adapt to change
- Able to accomplish their given work quickly and thoughtfully
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and tasks at once
- Has a collaborative work ethic and easy going nature
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $108,000 - $151,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.