Senior Data Engineer
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Analytics
The Role: Senior Data Engineer
As a member of our data engineering team, you'll deliver high quality work while solving challenges that impact the whole or part of the team's data architecture. You'll update yourself with recent advances in Big data space and provide solutions for large-scale applications aligning with team's long term goals. Your work will help resolve complex problems with identifying root causes, documenting the solutions, and implementing Operations excellence (Data auditing, validation, automation, maintainability) in mind. Communicating your insights with leaders across the organization is paramount to success.
- Design, architect and implement best-in-class Data Warehousing and reporting solutions
- Lead and participate in design discussions and meetings
- Mentor data engineers and analysts
- Design, automate, build, and launch scalable, efficient and reliable data pipelines into production using Python
- Build real-time data and reporting solutions
- Design, build and enhance dimensional models for Data Warehouse and BI solutions
- Research new tools and technologies to improve existing processes
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the teams to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Partner with engineers, project managers, and analysts to deliver insights to the business
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve production and data issues
- Create test plans, test scripts and perform data validation
- Tune SQL queries, reports and ETL pipelines
- Build and maintain data dictionary and process documentation
- 5+ years experience in data engineering with data warehouse technologies
- 5+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 5+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience building real-time data solutions and processes
- Advanced skills with Python and SQL are a must
- Experience with one or more MPP databases(Redshift, Bigquery, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience with one or more ETL tools(Informatica, Pentaho, SSIS, Alooma, etc)
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills in any server side language, preferable Python
- Experienced in working collaboratively across different teams and departments
- Strong technical and business communication
- Kafka, HDFS, Hive, Cloud computing, machine learning, text analysis, NLP & Web development experience is a plus
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets, banking or exchanges
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $136,000 - $190,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.