Product Designer - Mobile Apps
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About the Position
Foursquare is looking for a Product Designer - Mobile Apps to join our team located in or near one of our office hubs - New York City, Chicago, Seattle, or San Francisco.
About the role:
Are you ready to shape the future of how people globally discover the best places and connect with their friends and the world around them?
As a Product Designer on our Mobile Apps Team, you'll have the incredible opportunity to craft and re-invent the future of Foursquare’s new consumer app, a product historically at the heart of millions of users around the world. Anchored in trust and authenticity, Foursquare’s next-gen social places discovery app is designed to help you discover the best places to go, save & share your favorite places with friends, and remember everywhere you've been – powered on a map-first interface. You will play a crucial role growing a product we believe will be a game-changer in the industry and that can be the biggest new social media app of 2024 and beyond.
If you bring extraordinary talent, creativity, and a passion for innovative design, we invite you to join our dynamic and growing team.
- Opinionated and familiar with social, travel, or discovery-related products
- Curious about the world, excited to travel or visit new places, and passionately know the best restaurants in town
- Passionate about building trustworthy, authentic, and personalized products
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, and ambitious team
In this role, you’ll
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Design, Engineering, Growth, Analytics) to design new features and enhance existing ones for Foursquare's mobile consumer products
- Lead design efforts, balancing high-level product decisions with practical implementation
- Establish and maintain consistent design patterns, aligning with OS paradigms and brand identity
- Create design documentation, ranging from sketches and prototypes to high-fidelity mockups for development
- Manage end-to-end product design initiatives, from research to user assurance testing
- Develop interactive prototypes and animations for communication and stakeholder approval
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of product design experience, with particular focus in shipping new products or features
- 1+ years of mobile design experience (iOS and Android)
- Expertise in UX, interaction design, and UI design
- Proficiency in user research, strategy, and product validation
- Professional, adaptable, and a strong team player
- Proven ability to multitask, work efficiently despite uncertainty, and deliver results in a timely manner
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate design vision to team members and stakeholder
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or commensurate experience
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Nice to haves
- Experience designing in Social media, Travel, or Discovery consumer products
- Proficiency in illustration, motion, and animation
- Familiarity with Map Interfaces Design (e.g., Mapbox, Google Maps)
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Jira, Productboard, and Slack
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Equipment Setup - you will receive all necessary hardware for your job function
- Professional Development - annual learning stipend for your career development goals
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
The annual total cash compensation range is $104,000 - $175,750, however actual salaries can vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills and competencies, as well as location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.