Account Executive (New Business)
Location: New York, NY
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by our mobile apps CityGuide and Swarm, as well as the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands, like Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and others.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio).
About the Position
Foursquare is looking for a New Business Account Executive to join our team!
The New Business Sales team at Foursquare is responsible for identifying and closing net new business opportunities across the entire product portfolio. New Business Sales is built to be the engine that drives Foursquare’s next phase of growth, and thus requires a team of highly motivated, results-oriented, and high-integrity Account Executives to support that mission.
The New Business Account Executive (AE) role will be responsible for closing new business deals in a territory of greenfield accounts across North America. The AE will report into a front line leader in the New Business sale organization, and will partner with a Revenue Development Representative (RDR) to build the pipeline, and a Sales Engineer (SE) to support the technical aspects of the sales process.
In this role, you’ll
- Effectively and consistently build pipeline and pipeline coverage to achieve goals using multi-channel and tailored tactics based on account plans
- Execute on the Foursquare Sales Process from Discovery to Closed/Won using MEDDPICC and the Value Framework as tools for deal qualification and opportunity review
- Effectively leverage technical resources and cross-functional resources to maximize win rates
- Create and manage sales pipeline, and forecast accurately, using SFDC and Clari
- Work effectively with others across departments for the good of Foursquare, including building and nurturing positive internal and external relationships to facilitate customer satisfaction and productivity
- Provide the informed experience, breadth of insight and robust bi-directional discovery necessary to enable customers to make an optimum decision
- Adhere to ethical standards of personal conduct and business rules, in line with Foursquare’s leadership principles, when making decisions or executing tasks
What you’ll need
- Proven track record of success in a closing AE role for at least one year OR 2 years of proven success and high performance in an outbound SDR/RDR position
- Experience selling SaaS solutions to executive buyers
- Strong communication and influencing skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to drive results; track record of high performance and default to action
- Demonstrated experience and/or ability running effective discovery using MEDDPICC
- Demonstrated experience and/or ability managing a sales process using Command of the Message or a similar value-based sales methodology
- Alignment and demonstration of our Foursquare Leadership principles
- Professional philosophy that is driven thru honesty and integrity
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Equipment Setup - you will receive all necessary hardware for your job function
- Professional Development - annual learning stipend for your career development goals
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
- Hybrid Work Schedule for in-person collaboration on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays beginning April 1, 2024. For roles considered remote, this will not apply.
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
The annual total cash compensation range is $175,000 - $220,000, however actual salaries can vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills and competencies, as well as location. Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.