Data Analyst II
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Creating insights to revolutionize an industry!
Fast, accurate insights are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll conduct analyses that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for global trade.
- Flexport is a company that runs on data - you'll be transforming data into action by working cross-functionally with the entirety of Flexport.
- Meet with stakeholders - from business and product - to understand OKR requirements and convert them into analytical solutions
- Model new product analytics datasets built on our proprietary operations software to optimize growth strategies and cost reductions
- Improve operational and financial productivity across our business and software
- Rapid prototype new functionality via dashboards to enable new ways of working and discover best practices for workflow management across all of Flexport's departments;
- Contribute and grow the culture of excellence on our team by bringing processes and best practices to our group.
- Drive highly visible projects for Flexport
- Influence the roadmap for both the Data Analytics department and the stakeholders we support
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Analyst, BI Engineer, Product Analyst, or similar role
- Strong SQL fluency required – from building entire ERDs of tables containing complex logic to analyzing those datasets into consumable insights for the business.
- Professional familiarity with applied statistics and scripting languages like Python or R (python preferred)
- Experience ELT data modeling, especially with dbt (data build tool) is a plus; building analytical narratives using data visualizations (Looker is a plus)
- Executive communication skills and empathy to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions to improve the user experience at all levels of the global trade process
- Interest in optimizing operational productivity and measuring automation across our software and business processes
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.