Help Facilitate Our Clients’ Duty Recovery Efforts
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,500+ Flexporters across 20 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for a Drawback Associate to join our Drawback and Refund Services branch of our Trade Management team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for optimizing our clients’ drawback recoveries and facilitating their drawback experience alongside some of the smartest people in the logistics industry as we collectively challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.
- Prepare US and foreign duty drawback forms as necessary for establishing and maintaining our clients’ drawback programs
- Analyze import, export, manufacturing, and other business documents and data
- Proactively investigate drawback recovery enhancements
- Complete data entry, when necessary, to convert data into electronic formal
- Prepare drawback claims utilizing drawback software solutions, analyze results, and troubleshoot issues
- Manage and maintain import, export, and other client and claim databases
- Submit documentation and claims to Customs and follow up as necessary
- Work to ensure compliance with drawback and other regulations
- Manage the day-to-day drawback operations for multiple clients
You should have:
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented with superior organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills,
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel and Google equivalents, analytical tools and functions highly desirable
- Familiarity with large sets of data
- Mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- 1-3 years of experience in duty drawback program implementation and account management, preferred
- Some industry knowledge including classification, valuation, duty minimization and avoidance strategies, government regulations and rulings, and other trade information preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, Licensed Customs Broker preferred
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.