Sr. Director, Finance
We are reinventing global trade.
You will play a central role in decisions affecting the go-to-market strategy as we accelerate through an unprecedented phase of growth and success at scale. Your financial and strategic expertise will enable you to identify and mitigate issues before they arise in order to safeguard the integrity of our financials. As a pivotal partner to the Ocean business, the clarity, energy and results you deliver will be visible across the Executive team and Finance leadership team. This is a people manager role reporting to the VP, Global Head of Finance and can be based in Seattle or Dallas.
- Collaborate closely with the Ocean executives, Operations and Sales leadership teams to lead and support strategic and financial analyses to address evolving business dynamics
- Provide management with insights into drivers of unit economics, revenues, gross margin. client profitability, product performance, and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities
- Manage the forecast and variance analysis of all P&L items and headcount by clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting forecast models as appropriate
- Invent, audit and review financial models to ensure they are effective, accurate and updated to reflect changing business needs, including their development, improvement and maintenance
- Work cross functionally with Accounting teams on the development and implementation of tools, systems and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate accounting closings and forecasts
- Lead the the various planning and forecasting cycles (annual planning, quarterly/monthly/weekly outlooks) for the Ocean business unit
- Maintain a consistent meeting cadence between key leaders and cross-functional business partners
- 15+ years financial analysis experience in freight forwarding company or industry adjacent
- Exceptional leadership skills: coaching, mentoring, running a high performing team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or related experience
- Analytical background working directly in an FP&A, Strategic Finance or Business Operations environment modeling and analyzing financial performance
- Excellent communication, listening and influencing skills
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Translation of analytical results into insight and recommending actions to the Executive team
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?