Staff Software Engineer - Platform Engineering
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
- Java, JUnit
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP
- Terraform, WireMock, RestAssured
- Bazel, BuildKite
- Develop and Debug code to identify and fix performance issues
- Analyze production workloads and system performance metrics to identify performance bottlenecks in our system
- Build proof of concepts and translate successful ones into solutions to maximize Fivetran product’s performance and efficiency
- Build and maintain a platform that focuses on improving the performance, resilience and quality of Fivetran products
- Impact Fivetran business across product verticals through the work you do
- Develop deep expertise in Fivetran's Product, Infrastructure, and Platform
- Communicate, coordinate, and align strategy with the engineering team members; make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices, and processes
- Work with cross-functional teams (Developers, Product, SRE) across the organization
- Actively engage with fellow engineers in design and code reviews to ensure we deliver performant solutions that improves the product’s efficiency
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in the software industry with a passion for solving complex software engineering problems
- Experience in architecting reliable distributed systems, with an emphasis on high-volume data management
- Experience and expertise in building backend services and data systems
- Experience with use of wide range of algorithms and data structures
- Strong knowledge and expertise in working with Java and databases
- Knowledge of observability tools like New Relic, Splunk, DataDog is a plus
- Performance Engineering background is a plus - experience analyzing, troubleshooting and automating performance workloads on large scale systems
- Hands-on experience working with any cloud technologies(AWS, GCP,Azure) and containerization methodologies like docker, K8s
- Experience with cloud warehouses, such as Snowflake, BigQuery, RedShift and Databricks
- Familiarity with system level programming (such as process and memory management and inter-process communication)
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.