People Partner, Engineering
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As the second People Partner aligned to our Engineering function, you’ll be a key partner in helping the largest function at Figma thrive during a dynamic and high growth phase. You’ll leverage your extraordinary skills in people strategy, communication, influence, and execution to build and deliver on thoughtful experiences for Figmates within the Platform Engineering and Security organizations, and have an opportunity to influence across the company. This role reports to the Manager, People Partners for the Tech Org.
If you’re excited about fostering the employee experience in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment by strategically supporting programs, processes, and training content then this might be the role for you!
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Act as a strategic thought partner and advisor to business leaders within and across the Platform Engineering and Security organizations
- Collaborate and consult with people leaders on people-related matters such as: organizational design, organizational health, change management, employee relations etc.
- Advise and coach Figmates at all levels of the organization on matters relating to Figmate development, engagement, retention, and more
- Work collaboratively with other People Partners to provide consistent and cohesive execution of HR programs such as performance management processes (calibrations, promotions, and performance improvement), compensation cycles, talent development, and BEI initiatives
- Partner closely with the larger People Partner, Belonging Equity & Impact, Employee Relations, Benefits, and People Operations functions to build equitable processes and solutions that scale
- Work alongside the greater People Ops team to contribute insights, data, and feedback on core people programs and employee engagement
- Partner with Finance and Recruiting on resource planning and headcount management
- Bolster our company culture in all interactions by modeling and instilling our values and promoting a culture of healthy communication
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a People Partner/HRBP
- 8+ years of total HR or related experience
- Experience across a multitude of HR competencies, including organizational design, change management, coaching, employee relations, compensation, compliance, and program development
- Experience making data-driven decisions and using that data to tell a compelling story that initiates change
- Demonstrates passion and pragmatic champion of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging throughout all people programs.
- Experience building relationships and communicating with stakeholders across all levels and functions
- Demonstrates ability to be detailed and discreet
While not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- Experience partnering with a technical client group (e.g., Product and/or Engineering)
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.