Software Engineer II
EnergyHub empowers utilities and their customers to create a clean, distributed energy future. We help consumers turn their smart thermostats, EVs, batteries, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power.
Our cross-functional growth team (Product/Marketing/Data Analytics/Engineering) is dedicated to initiatives that help us identify, engage, and convert utility customers with qualifying devices. We are looking for an engineer with prior advertising/sales/marketing software experience (Hubspot/Salesforce) to help integrate those tools with our core applications (Java/Python) and datastores (Snowflake/MongoDb).
EnergyHub’s ability to provide grid flexibility during peak load events directly scales with the number of devices participating in our programs, and this role will help us empower our marketing/advertising teams to increase enrollments by building tools for rapid experimentation, measuring the efficacy of campaigns, and opening new programmatic channels for enrollments.
- Design and implement software solutions that empower our marketing/client focused teams with better tools for utility customer engagement and enrollment.
- Support our analytics team through reporting and logging to arrive at data-driven decisions on the efficacy of tools we build and the experiments we run
- Work with device manufacturers and utilities to expand enrollment opportunities through in-app or rapid signup flows
- Contribute to the engineering team’s collective goals through code reviews, group planning, debugging, and more
- React to and resolve novel technical, operational, and organizational obstacles
- Contribute to our team culture and inclusive environment
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Key Skills and Experience
- 2+ years professional software development experience
- Java experience (preferably Java 17) preferred; other programming interests and technologies are encouraged!
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Frontend: TypeScript, React
- Backend: Spring Boot, or other opinionated backend frameworks (.NET, Rails, etc.)
- AWS Ecosystem experience
- Serverless Framework
- One of (or all!) Tableau, Hubspot, or Salesforce API’s
- Basic ChatGPT/Prompt Engineering experience
- Typical development tools and processes (automated testing, continuous integration/deployment, monitoring systems)
- Database and data processing pipeline experience (we work with MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, S3, RabbitMQ and Snowflake, and tools like Hightouch, Airflow, and Tableau)
The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $130,000. Base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
Why work for EnergyHub?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning obstacles, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the most innovative companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Notice To Third Party Agencies:
EnergyHub understands the value of professional recruiting services. However, we are not accepting resumes from recruiters or employment agencies for this position. In the event we receive a resume or candidate referral for this position from a third-party recruiter or agency without a previously signed agreement, we reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to you.