Staff Software Engineer - Data Platform
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to over $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160k to $288k + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and resourceful Staff level engineer to join our org. In our team you’ll work cross-functionally with various teams and contribute to the design and development of key platform services and our data platform.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the design & implementation of new features - break down complex problems into their bare essentials, translate this complexity into elegant design, and create high-quality, clean code.
- Make a meaningful impact in the lives of our community members.
- Lead, design, develop, and deliver large-scale data systems, data processing, and data transformation projects.
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers while providing thoughtful guidance using code, design, and architecture reviews.
- Contribute to defining technical direction, planning the roadmap, escalating issues, and synthesizing feedback to ensure team success.
- Estimate and manage team project timelines and risks.
- Care passionately about producing high-quality, efficient designs and code.
- Participate in hiring and onboarding for new team members.
- Lead cross-team engineering initiatives.
- Constantly learning about new technologies and industry standards in data engineering.
What sets us apart:
- High-impact roles at a fast-moving company that’s aggressively growing our user base
- We are a collaborative team and genuinely enjoy working with each other.
- We believe in empowering our people to be successful
- We’re building a product that reimagines the way money moves to empower human potential
What We're Looking For:
- 10+ years of development experience in backend or data software development
- Bachelor's, Master’s, or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Software development experience in Kotlin / Java / Scala
- Hands-on experience working with AWS and managing infrastructure as code
- Experience in handling large volumes of data and load at scale
- Experience with event-driven architecture and Kafka
- Familiarity with clean architecture approach and software craftsmanship
- Experience with at least one major data processing framework like Spark, Flink, Storm, Beam (an advantage)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, result-driven environment.
- Being self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.