Lead Engineer Haskell
We are an ambitious, well-funded, high-growth global technology company transforming the hotel industry. At Duetto, we are passionate about creating innovative solutions to help hoteliers thrive. Although we work hard and operate at “Duetto speed,” the work atmosphere is casual, flexible, collaborative, and most of all, fun.
Duetto offers an open and collaborative work environment and believes that by cultivating a team with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, it will continue to lead the industry with its cutting-edge platform-based hospitality technology.
Our technology stack includes Haskell, Java server technologies, NoSql, Github, and patent pending analytical methods on top of MongoDB and AWS. To learn more about our Customers https://www.duettocloud.com/success-stories?hsLang=en-us
You will be a lead member of technical staff of the DRE, (or the Duetto Rate Engine) team. DRE is a service that provides rates and availability quotes to power our customer’s booking engines. As our Lead Engineer, you'll spearhead the development of new features and maintenance of the application, and ensure seamless integration between our systems. Team members are responsible for building new integrations, moving our architecture forward (e.g. developing separate services), and designing faster ways to get customers live.
This position is a 100% backend position.
Technologies Stack: Haskell, MongoDB, Java, AWS, memcached, Redis
Desired Skills & Expertise
- As a lead engineer on the team, you will partner and collaborate with the product team, understand the requirements, create design documentation and the end to end implementation of new features.
- You'll also work closely with direct and indirect team members to align scope and direction of work.
- 5+ years of experience with deep expertise in Haskell, MongoDB, and AWS.
- 7+ years of experience in the design of mission critical enterprise applications.
- Strong grasp of functional programming principles and adept at designing scalable systems.
- You’ve extensive experience in architecting applications in Haskell, good understanding of the current best practices and knowledge on optimizing Haskell code for performance.
- Passion for system design and the ability to think through a variety of large data scenarios.
- Love of clean code, complex systems, and large data.
- Push for and innovate on technical solutions.
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly.
- You enjoy solving engineering problems, following design patterns, leading code reviews, technical implementations and architecture discussions.
Nice to have
- Experience with ETL, and data normalization
- Property Management System and other hospitality domain expertise
We’re Excited About You Because You
- Have great problem solving abilities - being considerate of potential bottlenecks and solutions.
- Have a hands-on approach towards ensuring high standards of coding, and are comfortable navigating and investigating complex implementations.
- Are results driven, excited about achieving meaningful results that benefit the company.
About the Engineering team:
- Working w/ a collaborative, smart, and friendly group of Software Engineers located in the US and LATAM.
- Being one of the top 10 best places to work in San Francisco, we bring that outstanding culture to all of our distributed employees.
- Using cutting edge technology, our products stand the test of high volume, high availability, and outstanding accuracy in a high growth industry.
- We grow tech skills both as a mentor and mentee. We function in a team setting.
We are a team of passionate hospitality and technology professionals delivering a modern platform to hoteliers in over 60 countries. Our solutions address the biggest problems faced by the hospitality industry by simplifying distribution complexity and optimizing profitability with unique and powerful applications that increase conversion, guest loyalty, operational efficiency and revenue. Our goal is to become the most trusted, effective and widely used hotel technology company in the world. Founded in 2012, Duetto is headquartered in San Francisco. Duetto is backed by leading investors: Warburg Pincus, Accel Partners, Icon Ventures, and Battery Ventures. If you want to be a part of a fast-growing company, working with amazing people tackling big challenges in a massive industry, then Duetto is looking for you.