Lead, Product Policy
DoubleVerify is the recognized market innovator with the technology and tools that accurately authenticate the quality of digital media and drive ad performance for the world's largest brands. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
Doubleverify is seeking a Product Policy Lead to join our Product Policy Team. Lead, Product Policy candidate will be responsible for overseeing and growing a team of policy managers to research and develop our product policy. The person in this role will work across content verticals ranging from misinformation and hate speech to crime, violence and disasters. Candidates should have knowledge of or interest in internet policy issues and media regulatory issues and/or law.
- Drive the team’s strategic planning and effective execution of issue policies.
- Guide and oversee policy positions for policies that inform content classification.
- Maintain strong working relationships with product management and operations teams to create new policies and implement policies across features
- Work closely with cross functional partners to understand and research public opinions and advertiser perspectives in order to inform policy development including policy creation and policy adjustments.
- Collaborate with linguists and data scientists creating classification models based on product policy.
- 5+ years of work experience in trust and safety, product policy, content policy or brand safety and suitability roles or in media regulatory issues, regulation of user generated content, or media policy.
- Experience in or working with the technology industry.
- Experience building and leading teams
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with web and social media content trends.
- Interest in and passion for policy and content classification/moderation.
- 2+ years management experience preferred
- Familiarity with national or international policy proposals or frameworks for addressing harmful content online.
- Familiarity with internet policy issues.
- Familiarity with content moderation or classification.
- Masters in Public Policy, International Relations or Law.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on a number of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level, skills, experience, location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at DV.
The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications set forth in the job description is between [$114,000 - $220,000]. This role will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, and benefits.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description; however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description as posted.