Senior Product Data Analyst
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Our Product Platform Analytics team is growing! We’re looking for a proven analyst to join us and contribute to shaping the future direction of the company. A big part of the role is to understand Jobs To Be Done by customers and use data to inform product platform strategy. Demonstrated thought leadership in solutioning with the product teams, data driven insight identification, and the ability to deliver business impact is highly desired. Part of this role is tactical; you’ll be responsible for driving self-serve capabilities, measuring impact of experiments and improving the data ecosystem. As a team we are curious, bring a learning mindset and hold ourselves accountable.
List of Responsibilities/Duties:
- Map between business goals and product + analytics priorities
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and secondary metrics to measure the impact of new products on customers
- Develop interactive dashboards that enable teams to analyze data and gain insights into customer behavior, product performance, and business trends.
- Promote a culture of experimentation and A/B testing to drive innovation and optimize product performance.
- Enhance understanding of the customer lifecycle by conducting analyses and providing insights to help finance and research teams identify growth opportunities.
- Serve as a strategic partner to product leadership, providing data-driven recommendations and helping to prioritize initiatives that drive outcomes rather than just outputs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams - such as marketing, sales, engineering, data warehousing - to ensure that our data is well architected, of high quality and reusable to help related teams move more quickly.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 5-10 years of experience in a Data Analyst or Scientist role, with a demonstrated track record of using data to drive business impact
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- Strong proficiency in SQL, data modeling (dbt), and experience working with large data sets.
- Familiarity with working with Python in a cloud-based environment along with more of the recent Machine Learning and regression methods are also very helpful.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, to create compelling and insightful dashboards.
- Previous experience designing and evaluating experiments, event analytics, instrumentation, creating funnels, and evaluating flows.
- Worked with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, and/or Design teams, and have driven technical decisions related to A/B testing, project prioritization, development, and monitoring.
- The ability to translate technical results and insights into clear and compelling narratives for both technical and non-technical stakeholders, as well as experience serving as a thought partner with senior leadership to influence product and business decisions.
The estimated salary range for this role is noted below for our San Jose based role. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
Our promise to our candidates is to be transparent, diligent, and engaging while guiding individuals through each step of our hiring process. At BILL we strive to achieve an inclusive and positive candidate experience that aligns with our core values and focuses on diversity. If you require a reasonable accommodation for your application, interviews, or another aspect of the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants