Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Your role is to be a leader in end-to-end Product Design as a critical component of the Platform design team. This is a strategy and execution focused role designed to make material progress on bringing product experiences together at a high bar of quality and design craftsmanship. The Platform design team is responsible for delivering shared tooling such as our global design system, identity, and more.
Your performance objectives will be to:
- Modernize the visual appearance of our product design through direct contribution to the design system and platform experiences.
- Be the catalyst for change as you collaborate with the broader design team to usher in a new era of visual innovation, setting new benchmarks for excellence and transforming how our users interact with our products.
- Be a part of end to end customer experience oversight of current and future product integrations into the BILL product ecosystem.
- Identifying design gaps or misalignments in integrations
- Delivering feedback to integration teams on their alignment with platform assets
- Define working relationships for cross pillar design teams while engaging across time zones (async vs realtime)
- Own the visual aesthetic, identifying areas of opportunity to improve the quality and craft of the overall customer experience. This includes cross business lines and platform areas.
- Be a key contributor to the strategy, planning, and alignment for current and future product integrations from the Platform Team (identity, billing, data, sync, platform experience, and design systems)
- Work closely with Design Systems team to refine and bridge the gap between Mobile and Web aesthetics
We’d love to chat if you have:
- At least 15 years of experience in software product design
- Stunning portfolio demonstrating your leadership and creative chops.
- Experience in developing and maintaining visual design systems and pattern libraries to ensure consistency and efficiency in design across the product.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and inclusive design practices to create products that are usable by as wide an audience as possible.
- Self driven and able to make impact independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent leadership skills to guide and mentor design teams
- Strong communication skills to articulate design decisions to product, engineering, and design leaders.
- A strategic mind with a vision for the future of the product's user experience and design along with the know how to make it happen
- Ability to design for various devices and screen sizes, ensuring a seamless experience across desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Proficiency in creating interactive elements that engage users and improve the usability of the product.
- Growth mindset
Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed below. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits. The estimated salary ranges noted below are remote based roles in the specific geographic zones
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
Our promise to our candidates is to be transparent, diligent, and engaging while guiding individuals through each step of our hiring process. At BILL we strive to achieve an inclusive and positive candidate experience that aligns with our core values and focuses on diversity. If you require a reasonable accommodation for your application, interviews, or another aspect of the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants