Collaboration Support Engineer
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
- Ensure implementation and usage of the Google Workspace Platform efficiently and effectively meets company needs and verify it is integrated with other tools and processes
- Experience in setting strategic roadmap for Google Workspace and championing adoption
- Experience with Migration to Google from other platforms
- Manual provision and deprovision of Google Workspace Accounts, through licensing
- Mail Routing: Whitelist; Blacklist; SMTP Configuration; DLP Configuration
- Provide subject matter expertise in Google Workspace solutions and lead all technical aspects of engineering, maintenance, and management of the Google Workspace productivity platform as well as other critical collaboration tools
- Perform hands-on design, configuration, and troubleshooting of Google Workspace including migrating data from O365 to Google, integrating Active Directory environments with Google, and educating technical resources and users
- Collaborate with Google tech support, outsourced vendor teams to evaluate and recommend new Google Workspace features/ enhancements
- Lead and facilitate enterprise rollout of custom solutions that integrate Workspace functionality and work productivity
- Manage and administer Google MDM environment, enterprise Mobile App Store, device enrollments and resolve complex mobile OS specific issues
- Responsible for the overall Google Workspace account management process integrated with enterprise IAM. Develop new system processes for efficient Workspace account lifecycle management
- Oversee email retention activities to comply with legal records retention policies
- Partner with IT Security & Audit to enforce strict cross platform security and audit controls
- Collaborate with other technical and functional teams to Document and support business rules, system operating procedures that pertain to the Google platform. Enhance documentation periodically for currency and relevance
- Periodically analyze problem tickets from other teams, identify gaps, create and deploy new solutions, document and train technical support staff globally
- Be comfortable developing relationships with internal and external partners to maximize the usage, performance, and stability of the productivity and collaboration platforms
- Responsible for developing and implementing technical roadmaps for Proofpoint
- Experience with the following Proofpoint Services; Protection Services, Secure Email Relay, Email Fraud Defense, and any Proofpoint APIs
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent education and experience
- 8 years experience with multiple email systems including Google Workspace, Exchange, and/or Office 365
- Strong expertise in email, email infrastructure, mail transfer protocols, mail access protocols, email security, spam, phishing and virus protection
- Experience with data loss prevention (DLP), Retention and eDiscovery technologies
- Highly organized individual
- Highly motivated self-starter interested in constant improvement
- Strong communication skills and a team player comfortable interacting with various internal and external groups
- Strong expertise in email, email infrastructure, mail transfer protocols, mail access protocols, email security, spam, phishing and virus protection.
- Strong expertise in administration and configuration of enterprise mobility management
- Must be a self starter, with good time management skills, able to manage multiple activities simultaneously while requiring little or no oversight and/ or direction.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills with ability to apply new technologies, concepts, & functionality to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Must comprehend relationship between company policies, business & technical processes and procedures
- Must be able to create design documents, system operating procedures & FAQs
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% employee paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants