Implementation Consultant - Accounting Channel
Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP --- small and mid sized businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
You will be responsible for bringing your expertise to provide a range of professional services to customers including developing a successful course of implementation and training appointments, while also monitoring account usage and health to ensure their successful transition into BILL. You will work with partners and customers to remove technical barriers and identify opportunities to help customers expand their use of BILL solutions and minimize churn, by doing things such as troubleshooting technical issues and providing consulting to best practices. You will also act as a customer advocate for product features and requirements.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Foundational Software as a Service (SaaS) product knowledge, preferably within Fintech
- Comfort interfacing with executives and c-level staff, and small to medium businesses
- Proven ability to maintain focus and work effectively with multiple demands
- Experience conducting presentations and product training via web conferencing tools
- Ability to develop and execute customer-focused, consultative skills to solve complex problems
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of implementation processes, project management and customer advocacy.
- Ability to recognize basic procedural issues as they arise and escalate appropriately
- Ability to demonstrate learning agility and critical thinking skills and apply basic concepts in new situations
- Experience with problem solving and complex troubleshooting
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize, coordinate closely with cross-functional teams for faster resolution, complete tasks in a resourceful and effective ways
- Ability to actively initiate and manage the partner/client relationship throughout the app implementation process
- Strong listening skills to be able to understand, empathize and resolve customer issues
- Ability to provide product training and workflow recommendations to internal team member & customers
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail and sense of pride in work
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in accounting or software related field
- Minimum of 4 years of total Customer Service or Support experience is required
- Experience with CRM systems and related applications (Zendesk, Salesforce, Five9, Zoom)
- Prior experience supporting or implementing customers in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment
- Prior financial technology experience a plus (B2B preferred)
- Big 4 or large consulting firm experience a plus
- Prior accounting experience highly desirable
- Prior professional service experience supporting partners/customers remote and on site
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California
The On Target Earnings (OTE) range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. This role is eligible to participate in BILL’s sales incentive and equity plans. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants