Senior Network Engineer
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We want people who are passionate about building huge scale networks on the Internet.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join the Paperspace Infrastructure team, working within the networking group. Reporting to the Senior DIrector of Paperspace Infrastructure, the Network Engineer will be part of a team that is designing, implementing and maintaining the Paperspace network from the Internet edge to the hypervisor connections. Our networks need to be massively scalable, and enable systems agility, while providing our hundreds of thousands of customers with the most stable and high performance platform for AI/ML applications. We work with other infrastructure and engineering teams to ensure new products and features have scalable network architectures and will provide the performance our customers require.
If you’re looking for a Network Engineering role to challenge your skills and be rewarding and fulfilling, while working with top of the line equipment and managing a large network with huge scaling requirements and modern design, this job is for you.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Implementing high performance, scalable GPU-to-GPU network fabrics
- Designing and implementing lossless, non-blocking network architectures
- Working with scalable overlay/underlay virtual private cloud networking technology
- Working with RoCEv2 and 400G/800G Ethernet technologies
- Implementing provisioned IOPS architectures
- Providing hands-on technical design and engineering for network-related tools and systems
- Working with networking-focused software engineers to develop/maintain our SDN solution and integration
- Developing and contributing to open source projects relating to network and platform engineering
- Developing and maintaining network automation solutions
What We'll Expect From You:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Knowledge of network engineering and experience working with vendors such as Mellanox, Juniper, Cisco or Arista
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in at least one of the following languages: Go, Python
- Expertise with Linux
- Experience with CI/CD, containers and/or virtualization, web servers, and databases
- Hands-on experience with observability tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, or the ELK stack
- Experience with automation frameworks (Ansible and/or Salt preferred)
Technologies we use:
- Programming languages: Python, Go
- Tools: Salt, Ansible, NAPALM, NetBox, Prometheus, Kubernetes, Hasura GraphQ, Kentik, Netflow
- Technologies and standards: Linux Networking, OVS/OVN, Hypervisor APIs, QCOW2, DBCX/VXLAN, EVPN, BGP, Redfish
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The base salary range for this position is between $125,000.00 - $190,000.00 based on relevant years of experience and skills. The salary range for this role is specific to candidates located within the U.S. and will vary for candidates outside the U.S.. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role