Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Act as a super-user for Workday HCM. Lead the global team in the review, testing, and implementation of Phase X projects, upgrades and/or patches.
- Consult with stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations of the organization and recommend Workday solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Ensure alignment and awareness of future Workday functionality releases and ensure successful implementation of those. Support Workday “bi-annual releases (testing & UAT on mandatory and opt-in features).”
- Help successfully integrate HRIS systems, support HR and business management, reach a consensus about identified needs and the technologies required to satisfy those needs, and to provide a framework to help plan and coordinate technology developments and the system landscape.
- Evaluate key HR business processes and the use of technology to support those processes by coordinating the deployment of process improvement and additional functionalities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of HRIS programs, researching trends and providing recommendations for program enhancement and cost savings initiatives.
- Serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll, compensation, benefits, IT, Security).
- Work closely with business partners, people operations, total rewards and other cross functional teams to translate security requirements, recommend, and implement business processes and existing system configuration improvements
- Challenge the status quo, collaborating to encourage continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s degree with with 5+ years minimum, of job related experience with Workday HCM
- Knowledge in Time Tracking, Absence, Learning and Advanced Compensation modules is highly desirable; Experience with creating dashboards and custom reports a plus.
- Proven experience managing Phase X system implementations.
- Demonstrated expertise with multiple HR Technology software applications and ability to learn new software as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent writing skills for generating clear, concise release notes and documentation.
- Strong analytical capabilities coupled with business acumen needed to proactively solve problems facing the organization.
- Experience in requirements gathering, fit gap analysis, design, test case creation preferably in Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Must be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with a proactive working style.
- Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology, business processes, and systems implications.
- Ability to identify and tackle problems proactively, research and present multiple solutions to problems.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with HR, business partners.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions that have an impact on people, quality of service, and costs.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The base salary range for this position is between $100,000-$125,000 based on relevant years of experience and skills. The salary range for this role is specific to candidates located within the U.S. and will vary for candidates outside the U.S.. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role