Contract Office Assistant - PT
At January, we work to ensure that borrowers who fall behind on debt are treated with dignity. Owing to outdated processes and bad actors, traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud. Our products tackle this by helping financial institutions modernize collections, giving borrowers simpler and more compassionate ways to get back on track.
As the Part-Time Office Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining our office's overall functionality and appearance. Your attention to detail and dedication to creating a fun and productive workspace for our team will directly impact January’s success. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including office upkeep, maintenance coordination, light cleaning, deep cleaning, and mail scanning. This role will require long periods of standing and the ability to life up to 25 lbs.
- Office Upkeep: Keep our office space organized, well-stocked, and visually appealing.
- Maintenance Coordination: Act as the point of contact for coordinating maintenance tasks, liaising with external vendors to address any issues promptly and effectively.
- Daily Light Cleaning: Perform daily tasks to maintain cleanliness, including dusting, wiping surfaces, emptying trash, and ensuring common areas are tidy.
- Monthly Deep Cleans: Conduct thorough cleaning sessions on a monthly basis, tackling tasks such as rug cleaning, kitchen and bathroom cleaning, and more to maintain a pristine workspace.
- Mail Scanning: Manage a large volume of incoming mail by scanning, sorting, and distribution to the appropriate recipients.
- General office assistance: Work with our Workplace Experience Manager to identify opportunities to support various administrative requests, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills for coordinating with colleagues and vendors.
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently.
- Previous experience in office maintenance, cleaning, or related roles is a plus.
What We Offer:
- Flexible part-time contract with 15-20 hours per week, allowing you to balance work with other commitments.
- Pay range of $20-25 depending on experience
- Opportunity to be a crucial part of a collaborative and innovative team.
This is a part-time contract role and will not be eligible company-sponsored benefits.
To learn more about what it’s like to work with us, check out our Glassdoor reviews. We think our track record speaks best.
January is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
At January, we believe that diversity of outlooks, demographics, identities, and life experiences enable companies to build the best products. More diversity means more empathy with different types of people. This matters a lot for us, since so many borrowers in financial distress with whom we engage come from underrepresented backgrounds. We practice what we preach and look forward to continuing to grow and build on our already diverse team.