Corporate Development - Platform Strategy
Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Datadog is seeking a talented Corporate Development and Product Strategy professional to identify expansion opportunities, as well as drive initial product trials, prepare and manage discussions with target groups in Product and Engineering and provide roadmap suggestions for M&A and investments for Datadog. You will be a key partner to Datadog’s C-level leadership and highly visible at the most senior levels of Datadog. The role is reporting into the Director of Product Strategy and falls within the Product organization.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker who is passionate about Datadog and the future of cloud technology. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. Broad understanding of relevant Cloud Technologies and deep understanding of the full coverage of Datadogs current offerings is necessary. This role includes managing relationships that may be unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and have broad implications across Datadog. The Corporate Development team is small and values authentic, strong-willed individuals who think creatively and proactively.d
The ideal candidate will take on early evaluations from a Product and architecture perspective, find, configure or create suitable workloads to set up POC and sandbox environments and provide the first level of evaluations on current value and roadmap quality of tools and products in early M&A Stages. They will also support technical due diligence, making sure the core values and risks are detected and helps to focus on the high priority questions during the evaluation phase.
They will create and present strategic documents and recommendations, and support integration by partnering with key leaders.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify compelling opportunities that support Datadog’s strategic priorities through primary engagement with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists
- Partner with product teams to comprehensively assess expansion opportunities and build internal and external consensus
- Serve as a subject matter expert on valuation and integration
- Lead all pre-transaction tech-diligence efforts
- Bring transactions over the finish line
- Create or find suitable test-loads if needed, and set up trial environments that can help to test Vendors claims and identify values.
- Interact with strategic leadership on a regular basis to provide results and opinions on active Deals and Opportunities.
- Represent Product and Engineering in initial Product calls, help identify potential targets and find product fit.
- Act as main contact point for Vendors and cross-functional groups within Datadog, including Product, Engineering, Security in all questions related to Integration, Values (Gets & Builds) and Architecture of active M&A deals
Who You Are:
- Experienced in product development, Solution Architecture or Engineering.
- An excellent communicator
- Versatile in Cloud Technologies, kubernetes, IaC and current Software Architectures and concepts.,
- Able to focus on high priority testing goals based on value and risk assessment.
- Able to prioritize multiple stakeholders and projects with limited resources
- A self-starter who excels in technically demanding, fast-paced, and fluid environments
- Able to demonstrate creative and analytical thinking
- Able to collect feedback from multiple parties, summarize this feedback and merge it with facts and comparisons across similar applications.
- Able to build and maintain a network of relationships to facilitate deal flow
- Passionate about big challenges and have a great sense of humor
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000.00 to $340,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.